The 2004 SurveyCategory: Memes | 0 Comments | Posted 23:01
It's the end of the year. I did last year's in January but I am bored now and one of the questions says "what are you gonna do on Xmas?" so that's an excuse to do it now. Oh and Skyler's already done it too.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Hm.. have a house party (!), drive a right-hand-drive car (well, van), visit Latvia, see Alicia Keys live, work on a helpdesk *lol*, own a fully illegal car. Probably many more things.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make NY's resolutions.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Mhm, my dad's mum (tho I wasn't close to her emotionally). See, I predicted correctly lol.
5. What countries did you visit?
Norway (3x), Luxembourg (4x), France (2x), Scotland (2x), Latvia, Germany. Meh, not as many as in 2003.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A Mon? Like, all the time! What else... maybe my horsey around me. Hm, and happiness?
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No clue. Maybe 6th December cuz that's when I started work @ AmEx and that date is bound to come up on forms and such like. *lol*
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually finishing that damn dissertation and getting my MA! And getting a job. Eventually.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still not managing to get my life back together tho I have no reason to be messed up anymore.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Definitely my Tommy!!!!!!!!!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Depressed... PetŪ & Mon at times. Appalled... not sure. I could probably think of a few names from the news but I'm too lazy to think. Let's just say Dubya for convenience, but really he doesn't make me appalled, he just makes me .
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent & bills. And plane/Eurotunnel tickets.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Placebo!!!!! Placebo in March, in July, in November.
No Placebo in 2005!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Wow. Quite a few. Definitely Brandy's Afrodisiac album and Eminem's Encore. Various Placebo songs, some Silverchair... um yeah.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you...
i. happier or sadder?
Probably sadder. I was very excited last year about moving back here. Right now I'm ok cuz I have a job but not doing too great in general.
ii. thinner or fatter?
I'd have to say pretty much the same again.
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travelling? Always travelling!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Drinking? Freaking out on people.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Hungover in bed?
Hopefully emailing and updating websites.
Maybe cleaning the flat. (yeah right)
21. How will you be spending New Years?
(hey I missed that one last year!) I dunno yet. I may ask work people what they're up to, but I will probably stay home & have a quiet night in. Big celebrations are still too much effort.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No. I fell in love in 2003 but I refused to acknowledge it until 2004.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Don't watch current TV so I'll have to say Blackadder lol.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hm. Don't think I discovered anyone really new this year, so maybe I'll say Eminem cuz I only realised this year what a genius he is.
28. What did you want and get?
A Tommy hehe. A Mon of sorts. A job!
29. What did you want and not get?
Same as last year.. nothing realistic. A few trips didn't happen. NYC, HK...
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Think I only went to the cinema twice. So maybe I'll say Harry Potter hehe. Bumpy Riiiiide!!!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This. *lol* I was 27. *sigh*
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
Not much. I'd say the sea cuz sometimes it felt like it, but that's probably a silly answer. Maybe long talks to discuss my issues and get some distance. And my friends in general.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Same as last year: Angelina Jolie and Brian Molko. (sans MJ, ahem)
37. Who did you miss?
Mon, PetŪ, Lo (whenever I wasn't with them). My horsey.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Don't ever make assumptions.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Protect me from what I want...
Protect me protect me
Placebo, Protect Me From What I Want