The 2003 SurveyCategory: Memes | 4 Comments | Posted 18:05
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Visit Norway! Quit a job! Quit a degree! Decide to move to the UK! Buy a Hyundai Coupé! Decide to sell a Hyundai Coupé! Spend 6 months doing sweet fuck all! Visit Suha (twice)! See Placebo live (twice!). Visit Southampton (twice!) etc.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no. Stopped doing that years ago.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not in 2003. In 2002 tho, and in 2004 too, quite probably.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not in 2003. In 2002 tho, and in 2004 too, quite possibly.
5. What countries did you visit?
Hm... in (sorta) chronological order.... Scotland, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, England, Wales, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Hm... Michael Jackson? I'd like to see him this year. Tho I probably won't be able to afford it. Other than that... a job I enjoy? And lots of money of course.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Can't think of any.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Deciding to abandon everything I know and move to the UK to fulfil my biggest dream!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Disappointing those who expected me to hold on to everything I know rather than moving to the UK to fulfil my biggest dream.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Apart from flu and sprained ankles? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My darling Lara.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
BML Me's of course. And Craig's and MJ's.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A friend who disappointed me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I wish I knew (seriously, who has it!?). Probably travelling actually, and my car. And just random senseless spending...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving back to the UK, and moving in with BML Me, and living in Brighton. Oh and the Placebo concerts, hehe.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
I have no fucking clue. Ask me again next year.
Hm ok lemme try... probably Commercial for Levi (Placebo), and Within You (Labyrinth) and, quite possibly, Will You Be There (MJ). Also maybe Across The Night (Silverchair) and All I Have (J-Lo). Ooh and Lose Yourself (Eminem)!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you...
i. happier or sadder?
Definitely happier. That's not very hard, but still, very much happier. Hugely excited.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Sorta the same I think. Fat. *lol*
iii. richer or poorer?
Haha, I think about the same. Maybe a bit richer as less debts. Maybe a bit poorer as more expenses. Actually, probably richer on average.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I'm tempted to say wasting time online, but who am I kidding, I love it. Procrastinating? That's not just about 2003 tho. Drinking maybe.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Xmas is over, so fuck off.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
I don't know.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Er... My Family? (lame answer I know) Hm, and The Osbournes.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter? Maybe the The Life of Pi. One of the Anne Rices? Read SO many books, so I don't really know.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'd say Placebo but I don't know if that started in 2003. I know Katja had been droning on about them earlier than that. But I'll say Placebo anyway.
28. What did you want and get?
A BML Me all to myself. One to keep for real, with no kidding, one to share my life with.
29. What did you want and not get?
My dad back? To go to Indiana & LA? A million pounds? Nothing realistic.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Um. Tomb Raider II, for lack of better options. Not a film person, me...
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 26 and I can't remember what I did. Nothing special I don't think.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A million pounds? Seriously, I can't think of anything. I'd say "loving my job" but that would mean I would never have decided to move back to England, so I'm glad things happened the way they did. 2003 was good, honest. I feel a bit guilty about lazing about for 6 months... but not that guilty, so all's cool.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
LMAO what a damn stupid question. Not even bothering to answer this.
34. What kept you sane?
My sense of responsibility. My rationality. Then again, who says I'm sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Angelina Jolie and Brian Molko. And Michael Jackson. Obviously.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Iraq of course. And the Middle East, as always.
37. Who did you miss?
My dad, Kate, Joanne, LJ, MJ.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hm. I feel trapped now so I won't reply.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Screw other people's expectations.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It gets easier without you
I won't feel right, I can't feel right
But it gets, it gets easier